What is Responsible Gambling Week?
Responsible Gambling Week is a cross-industry initiative to promote responsible gambling.
The Week is designed to get people talking about what it means to gamble responsibly, focusing on the tools that are available to keep gambling fun and how players across all types of gambling can gamble safely. We also ensure that anyone who needs additional information or help and support knows where they can find it.
All sectors of the gambling industry in United Kingdom – casinos, bookmakers, online companies, amusement arcades and bingo – and the Irish Bookmakers Association come together for the Week, which this year takes place from 1st – 7th November, continuing the campaign theme ‘Let’s Talk About Responsible Gambling’.
Each part of the gambling industry supports and promotes responsible gambling throughout the year, with Responsible Gambling Week providing a national, industry wide, opportunity to raise the subject and start conversations about responsible gambling with the widest audience possible: staff, customers, family and friends, and members of the general public.
What is happening during Responsible Gambling Week?
A range of promotional material with key information has been produced and made available to all supporting organisations: these materials cover some or all of the following:
- ask questions about gambling behaviour
- high light the five key behaviours of responsible gambling
- provide details of where and how to obtain further information and help if needed
- promote the Responsible Gambling Week website and social media channels: Facebook and Twitter @RGWeek18
Gambling venues will be promoting Responsible Gambling Week, immediately prior to and during the Week. You’ll find posters, leaflets and banners in venues to encourage conversations about how to gamble responsibly.
- Some venues are undertaking special events during the week.
- Online gambling websites will also be promoting the week with banner ads and pop-ups.
- Both land and online gambling businesses will be promoting the week on social media: Facebook and Twitter
- Supporting organisations, such as Facebook, will also be supporting the week and promoting key messages and materials.
- Online Q&A sessions with experts from across the gambling industry will be available: dates to be announced in September.
- Key support organisations like the National Gambling Helpline, GamCare and GambleAware will also be promoting the week and preparing for increased numbers of enquiries due to the national campaign.
Staff working at gambling venues and online will continue to be points of contact for their customers who would like to know more about responsible gambling or seek support if they are concerned about their gambling.