If you think you are spending too much time or money gambling then asking a gambling provider to exclude you from gambling with them for a while can be a useful way to help you manage your gambling. This processes is called self-exclusion and it lasts a minimum of six months.
All licensed gambling venues and online gambling businesses in Great Britain operate a self-exclusion scheme. It is now possible to self-exclude from more than one place at the same time, making the process of self-exclusion much easier. Amusement arcades, betting shops, bingo venues, casinos and online gambling companies all run multi-operator self-exclusion schemes.
You can self-exclude from participating venues by opting-in to each of these schemes. Customers are encouraged to self exclude from more than one type of gambling by joining as many of these schemes as necessary.
Key Features of Multi-Operator Self-Exclusion Scheme
- You will be excluded for a minimum six month period (12 months for some betting shops)
- You will have to supply proof of identity including a photo or undergo an automated identity check
- You will be removed from all marketing databases and you will not be contacted during the period of your self-exclusion (except with regard to the online multi-operator scheme at this stage)
- You cannot leave the scheme before the exclusion period has expired
- If you leave the scheme once the self-exclusion period has expired you will not be automatically added to any marketing database
By joining self-exclusion schemes you are agreeing that:
- the information you provide to join a scheme will only be shared with operators within the specific scheme
- you will stay away from the venues from which you have self-excluded
It is up to you to keep your self-exclusion agreement but the company and the staff will do all they reasonably can to help you. If you visit a venue from which you have self-excluded, you will be asked to leave and the other venues in the scheme will be notified.
To find out more about self-exclusion, your options to self-exclude and the different schemes please visit Opt-in to Self-Exclude